Sometimes the best "fast foods" need to be made in advance. I wish someone would have shown me how to bake tofu years ago! It so light and nutritious and actually tastes good! Once prepared, I refrigerate it and use it as a way to instantly add protein to any meal (salads, pastas, stir fry, etc.). It's also a great way to introduce tofu to your little one!Ingredients:
- 1 Package of Extra Firm Tofu
- 1/2 cup Yoshida (or your favorite marinade)
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain tofu and press it between two paper towels for 30 minutes. This will extract all excess moisture.
- Cut tofu into bite size cubes.
- Toss cubes with Yoshida in closed container and immediately transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet. (The longer they have to soak up the marinade the saltier they become)
- Bake 20 minutes tossing halfway through. And once cooled can be refrigerated for up to a week!
***The longer you bake tofu the chewier it becomes.***