* * * * *
The good news? These are awesome, healthy, and easy to make.
The not so good news? My teething toddler is hesitant to try them. Maybe she'll change her mind when she see Mom and Dad eating them by the dozen.
Wanna make them even healthier? Simply reduce the amount of cheese to 1/2 cup and add 1/2 cup of your favorite (diced) veggie!
* * * * *
CHICKEN, BROCCOLI, AND CHEDDAR CHEESE WONTONSIngredients:
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I like using a three cheddar blend)
- 3/4 cup tomato puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup finely shredded cooked chicken breast (I put grilled chicken in a mini processor)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 375.
- Combine all ingredients and thoroughly.
- Place a spoonful of mixture in center of each wonton wrapper and fold so that corners meet at the top. (Move quickly - they dry out fast!)
- Place stuffed wrappers on lightly coated baking sheet and bake 14-17 minutes or until wontons are golden brown. Let cool 3-5 minutes.