- Heat up olive oil in the largest skillet you have. (trust me, you'll be glad you did!)
- Add sausage and saute until brown.
- Remove sausage from heat and slice.
- Return sausage to pan and brown.
- Add onions and mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and can of tomatoes (w/ juice) and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling adding box of uncooked penne and cover.
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Remove from heat and uncover. Sauce should thicken as skillet cools.
First Step-by-Step Photo Guide!!