Also Known As: Cheesy Pasta Awesomeness
Since my daughter is teething pretty hard right now I’m trying to stick with foods that are healthy and easy on her gums. I tried to keep this recipe nutritious by including lots of diced veggies. It also makes it more grown-up friendly. 🙂
I chose to use alphabet pasta (because Ella likes the letters) but any small pasta will do.
A new school spin on an old school favorite.
It's hard to find but it's the hands down favorite in this house!
- 1/2 box small pasta (cooked)
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup grated carrot (cooked)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp dried chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Reduce to medium low and add carrots and tomato puree.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened and liquid absorbed.
- Remove from heat and fold in cheese.
- Using large spoonfuls (or handfuls) slowly add pasta so and stir until combined.
**Makes 10 servings (1/2 cup each)**
Comfort food at any age!