When it comes to making food for toddlers, spice and salt are both very important factors. However, adding pre made (or store-bought) pesto in this recipe is okay since there is no added seasoning/salt/spice on any of the other ingredients. If your little one is less than a year old simply swap the pre-made pesto for extra dried basil and 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil.
The other great thing about this recipe is that you can make one half for your toddler and one half for you! Once I portion out my daughter's half I add some sun-dried tomatoes and red pepper flakes to mine!
1 cooked unseasoned chicken breast - shredded
1 cup cooked corn
1 cup cooked diced carrots
1 cup uncooked brown rice
½ cup pre-made pesto sauce
½ cup pureed tomatoes (cooked with skin removed)
1. Cook rice on stove top according to package directions.
2. Add corn, carrots, shredded chicken, and tomato puree.
3. Once thoroughly combined slowly stir in pesto.
4. Spoon into ½ cup servings.
5. Freeze/refrigerate until ready to eat!