My daughter loves the sweetness of the sweet potato in this dish!
Also, by using ranch seasoning (instead of a dressing or marinade) I'm able to add flavor without adding oil and preservatives.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1 tsp ranch seasoning (taco seasoning works great too but the flavor was too bold for my toddler)
- 1 roma tomato finely diced (optional)
- Wrap sweet potato in plastic wrap and microwave on high until fully cooked (3-5 minutes)
- Toss chicken with ranch dressing.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Once sweet potato is cool, cut into cubes and slowly fold into mixture.
- Slowly fold in seasoned chicken.
- If desired, top with diced tomato and serve with corn tortillas. (I used a cookie cutter for the flower shape)
* * * *Yields 8 1/2-cup servings* * *