Sweet potatoes are one of the healthiest foods for us to eat regardless of age.
They are great at regulating blood sugar and contain high levels of vitamin A (important for children).
Since they are high in antioxidants (especially beta carotene) I added turkey sausage to aid in its absorption.
My daughter love chewing on fruit since she's teething so I try to include at least one with each meal.Ingredients:
- 2 Large sweet potatoes
- Unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Turkey Breakfast Sausages
- ½ cup almond milk (I prefer using almond milk when cooking but any milk is fine)
- ½ Tbsp dried chopped onions
- Your little one’s favorite spices or veggies
- After thoroughly scrubbing the potatoes wrap in plastic wrap and microwave for 8 minutes on high (flip over halfway through.
- Cook turkey sausage according to package directions.
- Once cooked (and cooled) put potatoes in mini food processor (or blender) and combine with onion, spices, almond milk, and ½ of applesauce.
- Spoon one teaspoon of applesauce into each serving cup.
- Then add one heaping spoonful of sweet potato mixture and 4-6 pieces of finely diced turkey sausage.
- Repeat layers in same order – applesauce, sweet potatoes, and turkey sausage.
- Top with any leftover applesauce.
- Freeze/refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!